2nd Webinar on Asian Pacific Co-operative Laws,
Ius Cooperativum Association
Date: July 15, 2021
Time: 18:00 Seoul (11:00 Brussel)
Moderator: Ann Apps
First presentation: Prof. Song Jae-il, Myongji University
Title: Legal System of Cooperative Laws in South Korea
Second presentation: Mr. P. Santosh Kumar, Director of Legislation, ICA
Title: Cooperative law and policy in India: recent developments
The webinar will take place via the platform zoom. Here is the link for the event: https://uonewcastle.zoom.us/j/82003179495
CURRICULUM VITAE OF PRESENTORS:
Prof. Song Jae-il
Born: 1969 in Seoul, Korea
Work Address: Myongji University College of Law, 34 Geobukgol-ro, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul 03674, Republic of Korea
E-mail Address: [email protected]
Mar. 2005 – Feb. 2010 Doctor of Law, Seoul National University in Seoul(Major: Civil Law, Agriculture and Food Law)
Mar. 2002 – Feb. 2005 Master of Law, Seoul National University in Seoul(Major: Civil Law, Agriculture and Food Law)
Mar. 1988 – Feb. 1993 Bachelor of Law, Seoul National University in Seoul
Sep. 2016 – present Associate Professor, Myongji University College of Law
Sep. 2012 – Aug. 2016 Assistant Professor, Myongji University College of Law Researcher, Feb. 2012 – Aug. 2012 Researcher, Korean Legislation Research Institute,
Mar. 2011 – Jan. 2012 Post-Doctoral Course, Yonsei University Law School in Seoul
Jan. 1998 – Jan. 2011 Full-time Researcher, NHRI(NH Bank Research Institute) in Seoul
1. “Legal Status of Small & Medium Business for Korean Small and Medium Business Cooperative,” Korean Journal of Cooperative Studies, Vol.39 No.1, Apr. 2021. pp. 189-223.
2. “Definition & Objectives of Cooperatives Under the PECOL: Focusing on the Legal Improvement for Identity and Role of Cooperative in Korea”, Korean Journal of Cooperative Studies, Vol.38 No.3, Dec. 2020. pp. 177-205.
3. “Legal Study on Reform of the Regulations for the Cooperative Finance: Focusing on Korean Credit Unions“, Korean Journal of Cooperative Studies, Vol.35 No.2, Aug. 2017. pp. 127-155.
4. “Constitution of Board of Directors for Good Cooperative Governance-Focusing on the Cases of Consumers’ Cooperatives Act-, Myongji Law Review vol.15 no.1, Jul. 2016. pp. 37-63.
5. “UN SDGs and Korean Cooperatives: In addition to the Reform of Korean Cooperative Laws”, Korean Journal of Cooperative Studies, Vol.34 No.3, Dec. 2016. pp. 143-167.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
Sep. 2019-present Member of Committee for Seoul General Assembly, 2021, ICA
2021 – present Editor in Chief, The Korean Journal of Cooperative Studies, The Korean Society for Cooperative Studies
Mr. P. Santosh Kumar
Born in Hyderabad and raised in Delhi (India), Santosh is a qualified lawyer with honours degree from Delhi’s Indraprashtha University and post graduate diplomas in Public and Private International Law as well as Cyber Laws. He completed his LL.M from the University of Turin, Italy in 2015 with specialization in Alternative Dispute Resolution and Contracts. He holds a license to practice law at the Delhi High Court and the Supreme Court of India.
He spent a summer working at the Supreme Justice Commission, Tibetan Government in Exile in drafting the Evidence code meant for Tibetan settlements in India and worked in top Indian law firms in the area of constitutional law, IPR, and human rights law, before joining the ICA-AP in 2010 where he worked until 2019, where he contributed to the publication of the 4th Critical Study on cooperative laws and policies in the AP, and the 1st study on by laws of primary cooperatives in the AP. He was employed as Legislation Coordinator at the ICA Global Office from Apri 2019 until March 2021 whereupon he was appointed as Director to liaise better with ICA bodies such as ICA regions and sectors. He has undertaken specific certification courses in Cooperative Laws and Management, and Platform Cooperatives in 2020. Currently, he is undertaking a course in Public and Private international law from the Hague Academy of International Law.